My child has difficulties with Communication and Interaction.
This can include:
- Understanding language
- Using language
- Understanding how to communicate socially with other people
- Conditions include: Specific Language Disorder, ASD/ASC (Autism), Asperger Syndrome, speech sound disorders/delay
- Stammering – advice given to families about how to access support from outside agencies.
What can Droylsden offer?
All students at Droylsden Academy can access:
- Quality First teaching with appropriate differentiation
- Visual aids to support key vocabulary, concepts and themes
- Access to homework support clubs
- Access to assessment for identification of significant needs.
Support for targeted groups of students may include:
- Assessment and identification of language need and feedback to parents and staff
- Small group sessions in the On Board Centre with SEMH specialist
- In-class Teaching Assistant support in some lessons
- Year 7 Transition Tutorial Group.
Targeted individual support may include:
- 1:1 session with a speech and language therapist
- 1:1 sessions with other specialist staff in the school, linked to other needs on ECHP (e.g. Nurture Group, High Flyer’s)
- Individual teaching assistant support in some mainstream lessons
- On-going monitoring and regular feedback to parents and students (at least termly and including the Annual Review)
- Exam access arrangements
- Post 16 transition support.