We believe all students should have their say at Droylsden Academy. To ensure this happens we have set up a system in which all pupils have the opportunity to say what they think, lead action groups and develop Academy wide ideas. Students at Droylsden Academy have the opportunity to:
- Take part in student forums that take place termly focussing on aspects of the Academy Improvement Plan.
- Be a peer Supporters will be trained to work with Year 7 and 8.
- Be a department Leader.
- Lead Student Voice projects. These will include have your say feedback and actions taken. Action points (you said, We did) will be displayed around school on screens and discussed in forms.
- Have access to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contribute to ‘Have your say’ slips used by students around the Academy.
The Student Council have been elected by their peers to represent their year group and school. They communicate and collect feedback from their year group discussions and then present them to the other council members who then prioritise actions. The Student Council are highly regarded at Droylsden Academy.
The Student Council works closely with Deputy Headteacher, Mrs Arnold who is the link person between student council members, staff and the Senior Management Team.
The Student Council has responsibility for:
- Working with the staff, Senior Management and other stakeholders in the Academy;
- Communicating and consulting with all of the students in the Academy;
- Involving as many students as possible in the activities of the Council;
- Planning and managing the Council's programme of activities for the year.