Newsflash – Friday 1st March 2019
1 Mar 2019
In this week's edition of Newsflash;
- Students in Years 7 and 8 cook a meal of their choice to showcase the culinary skills they have learnt and practiced over the first half of this academic year.
- Congratulations to Elisa Morreale who won 'Star Baker' in the first heat of the Droylsden Academy ‘Bake Off’ 2019
- Visit to the Royal Exchange Theatre
- Also in the news this week…
- Year 7 and 8 Girls Football Team compete in a tournament at the Etihad Campus
- Gardening Club have been busy preparing their customised pots for planting their spring bulbs
- Congratulations to the staff ‘Master Chef’ semi-finalists Mr Evans, Miss Sandiford, Mr Cosgrove and Mrs McCallum who will compete for places in the final at the next heat due to take place on 26th March 2019
- This week’s assemblies have focussed on the important quality of ‘Politeness’, one of our three core values along with those of ‘Hard Work’ and ‘Honesty’ or PH2.
- GCSE Countdown – Year 11, there are only 11 school weeks left, just 55 days in school, until your first GCSE exam
- Book of the Week – To tie in with next week’s Harry Potter Mastermind Quiz, the book of the week is ‘Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone’, the first novel in the Harry Potter series by JK Rowling.
- World Book Day – Thursday 7th March 2019
- Reminders and Messages
- Harry Potter Mastermind!
- Dates for your Diary
- Job Vacancy